The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has attracted the attention of the world chess community with 2 international chess tournaments held in succession, the Sharjah Masters Prize and the Dubai Open.
The 3rd Sharjah Masters tournament takes place from March 22-30, 2019 with the participation of 178 players from 31 countries, 17/35 Grandmaster have rating over 2600. Le Quang Liem (rating 2715) ranked No. 3 and Nguyen Anh Khoi No. 40 (rating 2484).
All players will compete in 9 round of the Swiss system with a total prize $ 60,000, $ 15,000 for the champion.
Information & results: http://chess-results.com/tnr414477.aspx
In the Master Sharjah tournament, Nguyen Anh Khoi also achieved another grandmaster (GM) norm, which is considered a great encouragement to the player who is the brightest talent of Vietnamese chess (the first GM norm was obtained when Anh Khoi won the Southeast Asian Championship 2015 in Indonesia).
Anh Khoi had a high form at tournament when the performance rating was 2.648, while his rating is only 2484. In 9 games, Anh Khoi met 7 grandmasters, 6 of them have Elo over 2.600. But Khoi played very well with the result of 2 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss. Highlights is the victory against his own idol Le Quang Liem (2715) in round 8.
Le Quang Liem despite being ranked No. 2 seed, but he had an unstable tournament. After five rounds showing his class, he unexpectedly lost to the 17-year-old player from Uzbekistan, Yakubboev Nodirbek (2569). Calling the surprise because throughout the game, Liem won the advantage but during the endgame, Liem made many weak moves, leaded to balance the match. This greatly affects the psychology of competition, Liem made a big mistake and lost because of checkmate.
Another loss of Quang Liem was in round 8 with his junior Nguyen Anh Khoi. Dominated most of the game, but with a bit of distraction, Liem made a weak move at the middle game. Anh Khoi took an opportunity to reverse the situation and won after 45 moves.
Following the Sharjah Masters tournament a day, the 21th Dubai Open tournament took place from April 1 to April 9, also playing nine games in Swiss system, total prize $ 50,000, the championship $ 13,000.
The majority of strong players attending Sharjah Masters will continue to stay, so the Dubai Open also attracts over 150 players from 36 countries, with 16/36 Grandmasters having a rating over 2600. Attending the Dubai Open, Le Quang Liem (rating 2715) ranked No. 2 and Nguyen Anh Khoi No. 38 (rating 2484).
Information and results: http://chess-results.com/tnr424416.aspx
Các tin gần đây:
Các tin cũ hơn:
- Lê Quang Liêm tham dự “Spring Chess Classic 2019” - 03/03/2019
- Hà Quỳnh Anh giành hạng nhì Giải cờ vây Senko mở rộng 2019 - 25/02/2019
- Lê Quang Liêm xếp hạng 9 chung cuộc giải cờ vua Gibraltar 2019 - 01/02/2019
- Quang Liêm lấy lộc đầu năm 2019 - 09/01/2019
- Trần Tuấn Minh vô địch giải Ấn Độ mở rộng Bhopal 2018 - 29/12/2018
- Lê Quang Liêm giành ngôi á quân Giải Siêu đại kiện tướng Đam Châu - 04/08/2018
- Đại hội cờ vua Gibraltar 2018 - 22/01/2018
- Đức Hòa vô địch giải cờ vua mở rộng Bhopal Ấn Độ - 02/01/2018
- Kim Phụng vô địch nữ Giải London Chess Classic Open 2017 - 10/12/2017
- Lê Quang Liêm giành chức á quân Giải Siêu Đại kiện tướng quốc tế Danzhou lần thứ 8 - 2017 - 10/07/2017